Wednesday 20 April 2016

3 Minute Wonder Proposal.

In my 3 Minute Wonder I will going behind the scenes of my YouTube channel which consists of three friends (Me, Ryan (my cousin) and Ed). We will be discussing why and how we got into making YouTube videos and what makes us carry on doing it, we will also talk about what you can get out of doing it in the long run but how stressful it can be at times, considering it isn't just a YouTube channel we and other YouTubers have to manage, we have to manage a Facebook page, Twitter page and a Steam PC group. Most people never really appreciate the hard work and effort that can be put into running a YouTube channel, so I would love to take this documentary opportunity to show the life "Behind: Orbit TV". The genre for this documentary would be Reality as it explores the real life events behind how we run our YouTube channel, as for the documentary text this would be expository as we want people to focus on what we have to do, through visual representation;such as using clips of us editing and managing our pages.

The primary demographic for my documentary would be teenagers, both male and female, that enjoy playing games and love to watch gaming videos on YouTube. People that enjoy watching YouTube but not necessarily gaming videos are considered to be my secondary audience, this is because not just people that are interested in gaming videos want to know about behind the scenes, I found this out by my recent survey where people said that they don't really like gaming but are still intrigued to know what happens behind the scenes. so I want to open up this documentary to a wider rang of people that are interested about this aspect of YouTube. The aim, but more the sort of talking point in my documentary is what work actually goes on behind the videos you watch on YouTube and why it is such a good community to be involved in. I hope to make people think twice after watching this documentary about the thorough dedication and motivation that is needed to keep a channel going. Because my documentary is plainly going to be each other the members being interviewed I have decided to shoot at our home environments which is where we do all of our recording, editing, and media management etc. Living close by to the other people in the channel makes it easy and efficient for me travel wise as I can get there very quickly on just a bike, so no transport costs are necessary. As it is just me and my two friends in this YouTube channel, we are going to be the only people involved in the production. No interviewer will be needed as we will answer the questions that can be seen either on a piece of paper or computer screen, even though there will be no-one reading the questions aloud, we will add profession titles on the screen so people know what questions are being answered.


Here are some interview questions that I may consider:

  • How long ago did you start doing YouTube and why did you do it?
  • What sort of videos do you produce for you channel and why?
  • Do you do anything beyond just managing a YT channel, if so how hard can it be?
  • Do you find it hard making videos everyday? how do you manage to do this?
  • Have you been inspired by any other YouTubers? Who are they?
  • Briefly explain how you make your videos and how you know what to make one about.
  • Would you recommend more people to get involved in the YouTube community and why?

In terms of equipment, props and costumes everything is going to be pretty standard. The camera will be the best I can get my hands on but regarding costume all of us will dress the way we normally do so people can get a realistic view on what we are really like. I do not want people to misjudge on how we look or act in this documentary so everything you see and hear will truly authentic, 'what you see is how it is'. Because of the simplicity of my documentary there will be no expenses at all, as we already have our won stuff to where and feature in the three minute wonder. Considering everything I need, I already have, there is not really a proposed budget for this production. I will be borrowing a DSLR  700d 50mm camera from college, however this is free too so no money is required for my production at all.


YouTube Gaming Questionnaire Survey Results:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-7YLCPBTS/

No comments:

Post a Comment